[PD] Pd im Deutschlandfunk

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Oct 19 09:22:59 CEST 2006

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Arie van Schutterhoef wrote:

>> what is jMax in relation to this metaphor?
> -For all to see: http://knorretje.hku.nl/wiki/jMax-english

Funny, I'd have thought that MXJ (spelled MJX in that article) would've
been useless in porting jMax4 (FTM) to Max/MSP.

I say that because FTM was written in C. Maybe that there's a JAVA part in
it that I haven't noticed, but I don't particularly recall that part
because I've never really tried to use jMax4.

The article is correct in saying that it wasn't compatible enough with
jMax2.5. I think that I received the worst part of it, as the .jmax file
conversion to jMax4 seemed to break specifically on patches that use
GridFlow, not even counting that supporting GridFlow's syntax in jMax4 was
impossible until a much-too-late 4.1 release. It's probably not a personal
attack, but it doesn't matter whether it is, it still bombed me hard
enough, that from that point I encouraged every jMax user to switch to
PureData.