[PD] and it's PR/Marketing, or those

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Oct 20 06:36:26 CEST 2006

On Oct 15, 2006, at 2:16 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

>> Now just some suggestions (excuse me for being rude):
>>
>> - Vastly improvement of the webcommunity, very important:
>> Except for a very good maillinglist there is no real source for a
>> community for pd on the net. The forum at hurleur.com is a joke, and
>> that the official site is deadland is just sad. Furthermore the site
>> needs to be ordered and probably hardly overworked, there is nothing
>> wrong in making it accesible to as many people as possible by runnig
>> it in plone, but is it nessecary? The people accesing the site now
>> will probably not need that the site is universible compatible with
>> every last browser on this earth and history, etc.
>
> feel free, to do the website in shockwave-flash or whatever you like.
> but before you do so: according to your email, the only problem with
> plone is, that it is accessible to as many people as possible. at
> least,
> this is the only feature of plone you mentioned - apart from not
> necessarily bein necessary. so what is your point here?
>
> then i'd like to know, what you consider "deadland" (at least, there
> _is_ activity on this site)
>
> last of all: somebody has to run the site. feel free to be the one. if
> it becomes a success, you will get a lot of joiners and probably a bit
> of honour.

It would be nice to see some more activity on the site.  But I don't
think anyone is giving blame.  There is only so much you can do.
Maybe there is a way to open up plone so that more people can share
the work of running the site and making it better?

 From my point of view, Plone is too heavy and complicated for what
the Pd community needs.  But its there, and switching to something
else would be a ton of work, so it makes sense to try to make the
best of what we got unless someone can really step up and take on the
whole website as a project.

                                               http://at.or.at/hans/