[PD] Ergates game-like audiovisual instrument

alberto.zin at poste.it alberto.zin at poste.it
Fri Oct 20 09:13:39 CEST 2006

Hi Chris,

I tried Ergates in PD 0.39-2 extended on Win XP
(still without joypad).
In order to make it working I had to:

- get the -> last <- s-abstraction pack (I didn't
have sx/shadow..)
- on XP, like Frank said, I had to disable the loadbang
feature (otherwise PD crashes immediately). So I load the
patch by starting PD with -noloadbang
- press the messages activated by loadbang by hand (at least
the one I was able to find)
- for some reason I had to make the font arial.ttf
 visible to GEM (it wasn't, maybe my setup of GEM is
not optimal...)

At this point I can see the GEM window more or less
like in your screenshots, with the geos floating, but still
I got a lot of error messages from GEM:

GL: value not valid
error: inlet: expected '' but got 'gem_state'

Any hints ?

In any case no sound.

Hopefully this weekend I'll try to make a in-depth
look at it, also on Linux. Indeed it would be very nice if
you can get the joypad working with [hid] instead of python..

A question:
How do you switch between the patterns you show in
your screenshots?

All the best,

Alberto Zin

http://puredata.org/Members/AlbertoZ