[PD] patch with composed song

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Oct 20 12:44:18 CEST 2006

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, Marten Rieger wrote:

> you know, i'm sure there were many people installing pd but not eager
> enough to understand the whole program resulting in the deinstallation.

I still don't understand the whole program. Why should I ?

> for many people it is too timeconsuming to get to a result where they
> can make music but i think pd should be for anyone also for people who
> came from software like reason or fruity loops.

There are already a lot of pd patches (aka "programs written in the pd
language") that implement some readymade synth. The step that most
wouldn't dare to do, is the political one of asserting that one particular
patch should be the first one to get tried.

> the best opensource audio/video software should be used and be usable by EVERYBODY

Pd doesn't have to be usable by people who don't want to use it.

By finding what the word "EVERYBODY" should mean here, a lot of progress
could be made.