[PD] and it's PR/Marketing, or those

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Oct 21 04:03:06 CEST 2006

On Oct 20, 2006, at 5:26 AM, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 00:43 -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> I think it would be good to have forums also.  Many people don't want
>> to subscribe to mailing lists, but they would use a web forum.  If
>> its easy to do, I think we should set up Plone forums and let that
>> stuff just happen.
>
> i can't see your point here. first, why whould people want to use a
> forum rather than the mailinglist, if you can access much more people
> through the mailinglist?

Who am I to say that someone should use a forum or a mailing list?
Ideally, all outlets would be provided, and people will use what
suits them best.

> second, there is already a forum:
> http://puredata.hurleur.com/ , why to set up a new one?

Yeah, I don't think we necessarily have to have a new one.  I am fine
with that one.

> third, as i mentioned before, i do not endorse any separation of
> the community, when it is not absolutely necessary to have two
> channels.

Again, who am I to say that someone should use a forum or a mailing
list?