[PD] PD and MacIntel

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Sat Oct 21 20:36:51 CEST 2006

On 21/10/2006, at 16.00, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On Oct 21, 2006, at 5:01 AM, Steffen wrote:
>
>> I happen to have an Intel Mac and is very willing to 'run the
>> build'. How can i? What does it take? Where can i learn? (Sorry
>> 'bout the immature questions.)
>
> Here's the HOWTO:
>
> http://puredata.org/docs/developer/darwin

Superb. I just read through it. It doesn't scare me off. But as i
haven't got Fink just now, i'll have to first find out if i'm gonna
use Fink or DarwinPorts. I suppose the later holds the needed deps in
it's repo too. If I deside to use DarwinPorts, and succeed, I suppose
I could add a section to the wiki on that.

On a side note: Is the intention of the MetaPkg project to make a
(joint) package manager or the like?

> Post questions here and we'll see what needs doing.

Brilliant. Just two things for starters:

1) The link to the 'checkout-developer-layout.sh' in the "Checking
out the code frfrom CVS" section seam dead. From the "How to download
from the SourceForge CVS" page it seams like it should point to
'http://pure-data.cvs.sourceforge.net/pure-data/scripts/checkout-
developer-layout.sh?rev=HEAD' instead.

2) In the "Building" section it says, "For Pd-extended, you will need
to apply the required patches to Pd-core before compiling". What in
rough terms happens to the Pd-core (aka Millers version?) when
applying that patch?

> First off, it would be good just to get a working build out there.

Agreed, indeed.

> If you can run a nightly build, that would be even better.

I'll look into that, but i think irregular builds will be more
likely, as it's a laptop computer and not a server in my closet.