[PD] PD and MacIntel

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Sat Oct 21 21:48:30 CEST 2006

Just a quick follow-up,

On 21/10/2006, at 21.09, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On Oct 21, 2006, at 2:36 PM, Steffen wrote:

>>> Here's the HOWTO:
>>>
>>> http://puredata.org/docs/developer/darwin
>>
>> Superb. I just read through it. It doesn't scare me off. But as i
>> haven't got Fink just now, i'll have to first find out if i'm
>> gonna use Fink or DarwinPorts. I suppose the later holds the
>> needed deps in it's repo too. If I deside to use DarwinPorts, and
>> succeed, I suppose I could add a section to the wiki on that.
>
> I don't use DarwinPorts at all.  I recommend Fink for this since
> there are a number of scripts that rely on Fink that automate
> things.  But if you want to take all rewriting all that stuff for
> DarwinPorts, I won't stop you.

Ok. I might even bother to do that given i can figure out how to
alter them scripts in question (and find them). But if it's too much
a show-stopper i'll just jump the Fink wagon.

>> 1) The link to the 'checkout-developer-layout.sh' in the "Checking
>> out the code frfrom CVS" section seam dead. From the "How to
>> download from the SourceForge CVS" page it seams like it should
>> point to 'http://pure-data.cvs.sourceforge.net/pure-data/scripts/
>> checkout-developer-layout.sh?rev=HEAD' instead.
>
> Thanks, fixed.  That wasn't updated since SourceForge changed their
> domain anme setup.

Cool. Btw. I fund that http://puredata.org/docs/developer/devlayout
got the same (dead) link to that script.

> That page should be a wiki, but I haven't gotten around to
> converting it...  I did create a page for that content tho, if you
> feel inspired:
>
> http://puredata.org/docs/developer/MacOSXFink
>
> If you go with DarwinPorts, I'd say make a page called:
>
> http://puredata.org/docs/developer/MacOSXDarwinPorts

Ok. The wiki thing is new land to me, but i will do it, do i go the
DarwinPorts (which i've just learned has change name to MacProts)
way. Just one thing, most of the content of those two pages will be
redundant, only the "Build tools" section will differ.