[PD] and it's PR/Marketing, or those

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Oct 22 21:17:30 CEST 2006

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, Adrian wrote:

> But thank you Mathieu for bringing up OS X, i understand now that
> this is probably the core of my problems. I will try to fix a linux
> here and look how it goes.

The following day, I was talking to Koray Tahiroglu and he asked me some
help building on OSX on his computer (that's the only time of the year
that we're not 7000 km apart, you see). Then he sent me a list of the
changes that I made on his computer. I will integrate them to GridFlow
very soon.

For now we have at least someone who try DesireData on OSX once in a
while, and I believe that the chances that no-one is involved with
DesireData-OSX will go closer to nil once it gets polished enough to be
usable.

GridFlow-OSX has the problem that it has no support for cameras.

The PureData workshop of Vidéographe included a Linux training of 15 hours
this year, due to the fact that Linux is the best OS for running PureData,
and that several artist-run centres are getting keen on the free software
concept, including Vidéographe. This is different than last year, when the
equivalent workshop involved mostly OSX.