Building PiDiP on Mac OS X WAS Re: [PD] and it's PR/Marketing, or those

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Oct 24 07:04:25 CEST 2006

On Oct 23, 2006, at 4:58 AM, Yves Degoyon wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>>> ???
>>>
>>> pidip hasn't had any changes or fixes since one year or so,
>>> so i dunno what you're talking about
>>

>> That's what I am talking about. The CVS sources don't compile on
>> Mac OS X, or only with some skills I don't have, and that's been
>> the case for a year or so. Ideally, it would be part of the auto-
>> build system and Pd-extended packages. It is on GNU/Linux.
>>
> so what if i don't have a MAC OSX system at hand?
> i built it once on mac,
> ( the makefile i used then is there :
> http://tdegoyon.free.fr/pdp_pidip_osx.tar.gz )
>
> but, anyway, everything changed in makefiles for OSX,
> so, if you want it, help yourself..

I don't know if you've followed it, but there are now two Mac OS X
systems, as well as many others, building Pd from source every night
and reporting errors to pd-cvs.

http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/

If you are willing to include the changes to make PiDiP build on Mac
OS X, you wouldn't even have to do the builds yourself, it would just
happen automagically.

.hc