[PD] samplemapper?

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Tue Oct 24 13:14:47 CEST 2006

Hi Robbert,

Samplemapper works when you have a "client player" that is constructed
to use it. In the [ex-sampler] abstraction included, open up the [pd
main_selector] subpatch. Inside there you will see the mechanism which
outputs two things: a "$1-zample" message which you can use to tell
[tabread4~] which of the tables to read, and the length of the sound in
samples, which you can use to control playback.

On my OSX system, which is the standard "PD-0.39.2-extended-test4"
installer from HC, everything creates and plays fine. Do you get sound
normally? Are you selecting a sample for [ex-sampler] to play? Is the
gain turned up? Did you click the toggle above the player to start
playback? It's really quite simple, almost bulletproof, so I can't
imagine how it couldn't work unless you are still having trouble
creating objects...

best,
d.

--