[PD] PD and MacIntel

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Tue Oct 24 17:32:48 CEST 2006

On Oct 24, 2006, at 12:33 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Good to see you on the list!

...well, always lurking if not responsive, but I'm back in the
hospital for 2nd chemo round, but I've been feeling a bit better
overall, so I'm computing more...

> What's the deal with the ActiveTcl package, do you know anything
> about it?  Is tcltkaqua.sf.net defunct?

...daniel steffan has stopped updating the tcltkaqua distro, which is
a big pain:  however, he seems to spend more time on fixing tkaqua,
which is probably better ;-)  That leaves only the ActiveTcl distro
as being actively updated, but they've included their own selection
of extensions...nice guys, but I hate the web/form interface:  they
really push their dev environment...another unfortunate-ness is that
they don't distribute embeddable framework versions, but that could
be fixed with a script around install_name_tool...

...all in all, we'll probably want to grab a cvs tag and just make
'em ourselves on the compile farm...yeehaw!

jamie