[PD] Re: multi-speaker panning.. problamtic maths

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Oct 25 12:41:55 CEST 2006

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, alexandre r. decoupigny wrote:

> first i dont know what the r is in the following:
> "However, I believe that it's energy that should be r^-2, therefore
> amplitude should be r^-1. That's assuming ideal 3-D dispersion (no
> ceilings and no walls). Is that right?"

r is for radius, synonym for distance. I've been using the [pow -2] object
to convert distance to amplitude, but apparently that's wrong, i have to
add a square root object like [pow 0.5] because [pow -2] is the formula
for distance to energy. Both pow objects can be merged together as one
[pow -1] object.