[PD] PD and MacIntel

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Wed Oct 25 15:44:08 CEST 2006

On 23/10/2006, at 22.21, Steffen wrote:

> On 22/10/2006, at 18.02, chris clepper wrote:
>
>> I use the Tcl/Tk included with 10.4 on all Intel machines.  So far
>> it works.
>
> As i'm in the process of useing Fink to install the needed deps to
> build Pd-extended [...]

I've finishing installing the deps for Pd-Extended that Fink offers.
I didn't install liblo0, liblo0-shlibs, ladspa, ladspa-cmt, ladspa-
dev as there aren't a intel version for all of them and as the wiki
tells me they are not needed yet, but other then that i've followed
the wiki. - Though i don't understand how the rsync way of getting
the code fits with the "Directory Layout for Developers", so i
skipped that.

As I use the buld in Tcl/Tk that comes with OS X, i had to make some
changes to packages/Makefile - thanks to dpro and matju that helped
locating the problem on irc. It shows that the Makefile in the
devsymlinks section looks for all thinks related to Tcl/Tk in /
Library/Frameworks/, however they are (on my system 10.4.8) in /
System/Library/Frameworks/. Hence i made the appropriate changes to
the Makefile in order to complete the 'make devsymlinks' part of the
checkout script.

The 'make patch_pd' part was no problem. But the 'make install' part
didn't complete. The build gave a bunch of error. The first few being:

s_midi_pm.c:22:22: error: portmidi.h: No such file or directory
s_midi_pm.c:23:22: error: porttime.h: No such file or directory
s_midi_pm.c:24:24: error: pminternal.h: No such file or directory

The rest is in the attached file. Note that the (code-)branch is v
0.39.2.

Any suggestion on what to do next to complete the task?