[PD] Gridflow Installation Help

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Oct 26 13:38:30 CEST 2006

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Fanouris Moraitis wrote:

> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/OSServices.framework/Headers/OpenTransport.h:723:
> error: expected identifier before numeric constant
> make: *** [gridflow.pd_darwin] Error 1
> and the solution was to Put #undef T_DATA just after #include
> "base/grid.h.fcs"
> but in which file and where?

gridflow.pd_darwin is built from bridge/puredata.c

bridge/puredata.c already contains #undef, but there's a // in front of it
to disable, because I didn't remember what it was for, and it was
preventing GridFlow from working with Ruby 1.8 again. However, I've
redefined T_DATA properly, so now it could be #undef'ed again, for the
benefit of OSX users.

This is because T_DATA is defined in both Ruby and OSX's OpenTransport
with different meanings and purposes; and because the definitions of
T_DATA in Ruby 1.8 and Ruby 1.9 differ as well.

*strangely*, when I'm not #undefing T_DATA and still #defining it again,
g++ doesn't give me any warning, even though it *is* a duplicate
definition that it would normally warn me about! (anyone understands
this?)

> In  OpenTransport.h?(I cannot find #include "base/grid.h.fcs" in
> OpenTransport.h and it is a system file should I change it?)
> Should I put it somewere else?

I don't recommend modifying system files unless you really know what
you're doing, but if you really know what you're doing then modifying
bridge/puredata.c is a lot easier.