[PD] Firewire interfaces and PD?

padovani josepadovani at yahoo.com.br
Thu Oct 26 13:51:17 CEST 2006

Hmmm... I'm interested on the Firepod, but I am I little afraid about
processing issues... It seens to be a nice soundcard since it has 8
preamped mic ins, what could be very useful on interactive
performances... no mixer or preamps needed at all.
Do you know anything about it?
About Motu... It seens a very good interface but not yet ready to work
in linux.. Freebob team is working on firewire interfaces but the
companies are not realy helpful on giving support... It is stupid,
because I would spend a little more money to buy a Motu device if it had
linux support. It seens that it will work on the next Freebob release...
And what about the Edirol interfaces? Any experiences?
Thanks for the answers...