[pd] 100000hz+

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Thu Oct 26 17:27:18 CEST 2006

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 10:48:32PM +0900, hard off wrote:
> this is a bummer, cos i am getting a really nice palette of sounds
> here, and i wanted to share the patch////
>
> oh well, i'll stick to normal midi notes for that i guess.

Don't be too bummed out. Given what's been said here I'm not sure exactly
how this happened, but I made the types of sounds you're talking about
(an [osc~] at +127 midi) and recorded them to a wav file and imported that
wav file into a .XM file and then played that .XM file back on a gameboy
advance, and it sounded pretty much how it did in the original instance,
despite the fact that it was playing back at a different sampling rate and
underwent conversions between different sample rates in the process. If
I was you I would experiment with your sound on some different systems
before giving up. I guess sometimes practice confounds theory.

Best,

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx
http://mccormick.cx