[PD] Audio segmentation

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Fri Oct 27 10:21:29 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-26 at 22:49 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Okay, I hacked together a little patch which uses aubioonset~ to
> analyse a sample and then randomly playes back the slices. The "-help"
> file is the main patch.

Thanks Frank, that's useful, in fact it is pretty much where I was
thinking of starting. I am already familiar with the aubio library (the
onset detector is very impressive even for non-percussive sounds), and I
will definitely use it.

I'll take your patch as a starting point and report back to the list
when I've done some further work. I'll probably use my own libxtract
library to 'tag' the event associated with each onset with additional
features (fundamental frequency, centroid, zcr etc.), to assist with
algorithmic recombination of events. It would also be good to do some
tempo estimation to create possibilities for timings relative to the
original source.

best,

Jamie