[PD] textfile strangeness

timon timon at sosolimited.com
Sat Oct 28 15:30:36 CEST 2006

Hi, Im a bit confused by the texfile object. When I read from a
textfile, characters outside the ascii standard seems not to be
supported (replaced by the square). But I can write a textfile, or at
least send those characters outside of ascii standard to the text
object. And here is the strangeness, the written text file contains
totally messed up character maps (ç is placed as Á etc.). Any reason
for this?

Id really appreciate someone to explain. Im doing this project
visualising lots of names, from different nations, spanish, chech,
french. Characters outside the English alphabet. Im reading this from
a .csv file and as you can understand, I will need to format it in a
way that lets it enter into PD.

Kind of stuck with this problem.

Thanks,
Timon.