[PD] PD and MacIntel

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Oct 29 22:24:55 CET 2006

On Oct 29, 2006, at 12:01 PM, Kuno Woudt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to the list, so.. er... Hello Everyone!
>
> I also tried building pd-extended for my intel macbook about a week
> ago
> and had the same problem as Kilian Koepsell -- the compiled pd
> wouldn't
> open a new window.
>
> I'll have another go at it next weekend, hopefully I will have more
> luck
> with some of the suggestions which have already been made in this
> thread.
>
> A slightly related question though:
>
> I installed Mac OS X on a case-sensitive file-system, which is perhaps
> a silly thing to do -- but at the time I did not know that that isn't
> the default.  So, I had to do fix a lot of references to header files
> which don't exist (e.g. <Quicktime/quicktime.h> should be
> <QuickTime/QuickTime.h>, ec...).  Are those considered bugs?  If so,
> where do I submit bug fixes?

Bug fixes get submitted on the patch tracker:

http://sf.net/projects/pure-data

But I am not sure that's a bug.  The problem is that Apple QuickTime
calls its headers QuickTime/QuickTime.h while libquicktime calls them
quicktime/quicktime.h, so its a matter of which library is being
targetted.

Mistrust authority - promote decentralization.  - the hacker ethic