[PD] PD and MacIntel

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Oct 29 22:20:56 CET 2006

On Oct 29, 2006, at 7:28 AM, Steffen wrote:

> On 29/10/2006, at 2.34, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> I think that Intel and PowerPC should ultimately be on the same
>> page, since 95% of it is probably the same.  The idea is to take
>> the content from /docs/developer/darwin and put it into this wiki
>> page, then redirect it to the wiki page.
>
> Yes, i see your point, i agree.
>
> What i'd like to see in such a page is a table describing what libs
> (ie. Fink packages) a given external depend on. I mean, that would
> indeed please the curious reader/user.

Sounds good, perhaps a wiki page for that?  Usually, its a question
of who does the work to keep it up to date, hopefully being a wiki
will help with that.

https://puredata.org/docs/developer/Dependencies

> Also such information could be used in the hypothetical situation
> where a user wouldn't want to do a complete pd-extended build, but
> rather a subset - that is, with only a subset of the externals
> included.

Yeah, I think we should have that ability.  I think the best way to
achieve that is with a autoconf/configure.  Then it would
automatically find dependencies and build what it can considering.
Its just a matter of someone doing the work.

scarcity."        -John Gilmore