[PD] PD and MacIntel

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Oct 30 20:44:09 CET 2006

On Oct 29, 2006, at 7:18 AM, Steffen wrote:

> On 29/10/2006, at 2.30, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> Hmm, it seems that there is a different version of xcodebuild,
>> because that part works for me, and on the auto-build machines.
>
> I've installed XCode Tools 2.4. xcodebuild -version returns:
> Component versions: DevToolsCore-757.0; DevToolsSupport-733.0

>> Here's the root of the problem:
>>
>>> xcodebuild: Error: the directory /Users/stfi/Projects/Pd/pure-
>>> data/externals/hcs/hid/HID Utilities Source contains more than
>>> one Xcode project (it has 2 of them). You will need to specify
>>> the project to build with the -project option.
>>> Not building Apple HID Utilities
>>
>> What do you have in /Users/stfi/Projects/Pd/pure-data/externals/
>> hcs/hid/HID Utilities Source?
>
> This is what i got there:
>
> ----------------------
> $ ls -1R /Users/stfi/Projects/Pd/pure-data/externals/hcs/hid/HID\
> Utilities\ Source/
> CVS
> English.lproj
> HID Utilities Dylib.pbproj
> HID Utilities Read Me.rtf
> HID Utilities Slib.pbproj
> HIDLib.h
> HID_APIs.h
> HID_CFM.c
> HID_Config_Utilities.c
> HID_Config_Utilities.h
> HID_Error_Handler.c
> HID_Error_Handler.h
> HID_Name_Lookup.c
> HID_Name_Lookup.h
> HID_Queue_Utilities.c
> HID_Queue_Utilities.h
> HID_Transaction_Utilities.c
> HID_Transaction_Utilities.h
> HID_Utilities.c
> HID_Utilities.h
> HID_Utilities_CFM.h
> HID_Utilities_External.h
> HID_Utilities_Internal.h
> IOHIDPowerUsage.h
> ImmrHIDUtilAddOn.c
> ImmrHIDUtilAddOn.h
> PID.h
>
> /Users/stfi/Projects/Pd/pure-data/externals/hcs/hid/HID Utilities
> Source//CVS:
> Entries
> Entries.Log
> Repository
> Root
>
> /Users/stfi/Projects/Pd/pure-data/externals/hcs/hid/HID Utilities
> Source//English.lproj:
> CVS
> HID_cookie_strings.plist
> HID_device_usage_strings.plist
> HID_usage_strings.plist
>
> /Users/stfi/Projects/Pd/pure-data/externals/hcs/hid/HID Utilities
> Source//English.lproj/CVS:
> Entries
> Repository
> Root
>
> /Users/stfi/Projects/Pd/pure-data/externals/hcs/hid/HID Utilities
> Source//HID Utilities Dylib.pbproj:
> CVS
>
> /Users/stfi/Projects/Pd/pure-data/externals/hcs/hid/HID Utilities
> Source//HID Utilities Dylib.pbproj/CVS:
> Entries
> Repository
> [...]

I've been using XCode 2.3, and that's what's installed on the build
farm machine too.  I guess they changed some of the command line
options... ARG!  This is like the third time that Apple has broken
their XCode command line building.

Ok, I'm upgrading to XCode 2.4 now.  For the time being, you can skip
building hid.

Mistrust authority - promote decentralization.  - the hacker ethic