[PD] PD and MacIntel

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Oct 30 20:46:57 CET 2006

Please post!  If you used the whole extended build system, then it
will include all dependencies from Fink automatically.  Basically,
you should be able to run this:

cd /path/to/pure-data/packages
make patch
cd darwin_app
make package_clean; make install && make package

And end up with a nicely packaged .dmg with the README and the .plist
included.  Then post that.

.hc

On Oct 30, 2006, at 2:37 PM, Luke Iannini (pd) wrote:

> Hi, I just recompiled and viewed the log, which showed a surprising
> lack of errors... I then realized I never copied over the new .plist
> file.  I just did that, and my Intel-native Pd-App seems to run near
> flawlessly; the missing objects I thought were due to compile-errors
> were just a simple preference issue : ).
>
> This means I have a pretty much complete Pd-0.39.2.app.  Is this
> something I could post?  Or is it dynamically linked to my machine?
>
> Luke
>
> On 10/30/06, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:

>> > Thanks alot! It is pretty much the same i did, not surprisingly i
>> > guess. Except that i:
>> >
>> > * didn't install the ActiveTcl/Tk but used the one installed on my
>> > system. And therefor altered 'packages/Makefile' to fix the paths,
>> > and re-ran 'make devsymlinks'
>> >
>> > * installed all the Fink packages form source
>> >
>> > But alas didn't complete.
>> >
>> > It's nice to compare.
>>
>> If you want to compile everything but hid, you can remove it from the
>> LIB_TARGETS.  At about line 133 in externals/Makefile, remove "hid"
>> from the "darwin" section.
>>
>> .hc

>> ---
>>
>> All information should be free.  - the hacker ethic

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war
on terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom