[PD] control signal sample speed

Þurstan Skallagrimsson thurstan666 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 31 18:22:47 CET 2006

In a project I am working on I am using a [bp~] to mimic a helmholtz
resonator. The difficult part is that this cilinder I am modeling is
constantly changing its volume, thereby changing its resonant frequency and
Q.

This works well at lower speeds but the trouble is that the cycles go up to
once every 30 milliseconds. This means that the frequency and Q go up and
down again 33 times per second. Long before these frequencies this setup
tends to explode and create feedback.

My thoughts about my problem tend to point at the Nyquist frequency of
control signal sample time. Is this true and can I change the sampling speed
of control signals? Of course I thought about sending the data in audio
signal but [bp~] does not accept that of course.

Is there another filter out there that I can control with audio signals if I
cannot change the control signal sample speed?