[PD] [list length] counts unusual

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Oct 31 23:10:57 CET 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 23:04 +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Length in list-len.pd in the traditional way is calculated by
> serializing the list using [list split 1] and [list append], which
> drive a counter. I embedded it into the attached example as a
> subpatch. Here the conversion of meta-messages to list-messages is
> happening automatically as well, so this construct counts unlike [list
> length] as well.

finally i understand, what you [list length] want to behave like. and in
my eyes it makes a lot of sense now. from what you are saying i would
also expect, that any [list]-object (besides [list trim]) prepends the
list-selector to the incoming messages, but it doesn't here for whatever
reason.

roman