[PD] control signal sample speed

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Oct 31 23:33:23 CET 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 18:55 +0100, derek holzer wrote:

> That said, I've found that filters are not exactly PD's strong point.
> They tend to "blow up" much more easily that in other DSP programs I've
> used or seen (Reaktor, SuperCollider, etc).

is that related to the 'system' pd, or is that just, because no 'good'
filters have been implemented yet? i just want to add, that i never
noticed that the filters in standard pd or from iemlib tend 'to blow
up'. this might be, because i never seriously worked with reaktor nor
supercollider and have no comparison... so i just wonder about the
quality of the mentioned filters in pd.

btw: is [vcf~] the only known filter with a signal-frequency-inlet?

roman