[PD] error: pix_video: could not initialise COM

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 21:49:57 CET 2006

Hi Drew

I tested the DirectShow code on an Athlon64 laptop (much of it was
written on one).  I don't have any AMD machines to test with now
though.  The COM initialization is the very first check done before
DirectShow is even called and all DirectShow code has to have that COM
code.  I haven't even seen that error happen since COM is pretty basic
for the MS OSes - kind of like saying you don't have any OS installed.

Which service packs do you have installed?  Is this a 64bit or 32 bit OS?

Chris