[PD] Pd freezing on startup in ubuntu dapper

John Harrison john.harrison at wichita.edu
Sat Nov 4 03:16:12 CET 2006

If I yank the M-audio Delta 1010LT card out of the machine, Pd runs
fine. When I part the card back in, Pd freezes again. So the problem
appears to be this M-audio card. The thing is...I Googled and searched
this mailing list and it appears people use this card with Pd all the
time with no problems. I need Pd and I need this M-audio card. What's my
next step?

Weird that the card would crash Pd even with this command:

$ pd -nosound -noadc -nodac

Thanks,

-John