[PD] pd patch startup at boot - ubuntu-server

mark edward grimm meg156 at columbia.edu
Sat Nov 4 14:47:35 CET 2006

hey all,

...relative newbie at the linux stuff so..

I'm trying to run a patch when the system boots (at
the end of my boot cycle) so all I will have to do is
plug in the system, turn it on and everything will
boot..

I took a look at this thread:
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2004-10/022984.html

and gave it a whirl with no luck on ubuntu... it seems
like there should be an easier way to do this.

I have a patch in my home folder so "~/FOO.PATCH.pd"
and my script is in my home folder "~/FOO_PATCH.sh"

if i type "sh ~/FOO_PATCH.sh" anywhere it boots pd, my
libs, and my patch fine. BTW my pd launch tags:

pd -nogui -noaudio -lib zexy -lib maxlib -open
~/FOO_PATCH.pd

So I should just be able to reference the the
"~/FOO_PATCH.sh" at the end of my booting and pd and
the patch should load correct?

I search the internet as to where and how to do this
but alas have failed!

Am I doing this correctly? I tried inserting a line
like "sh ~/FOO_PATCH.sh" in rc.local with no luck. And
I've tried a couple other things with no luck
either...

Hopefully I was clear enough...

I if I get it to work I will do a little write up so
that other newbies like me can do this...

cheers
mark

  mark edward grimm | m.f.a | ed.m
  megrimm.net | socialmediagroup.org & .com
  meg156 at columbia.edu | 585.509.8703