[PD] Pd freezing on startup in ubuntu dapper

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sun Nov 5 00:37:06 CET 2006

hi john

without knowing the deeper details of and reasons for your problem i
suggest the following:
-try to run jack with your delta 1010LT
-then try out, if any other application can use your soundcard over jack
-if yes, then try 'pd -jack', so that pd connects to jack and then maybe
you can use your soundcard without freezing.

from my experience, i solved many problems concerning audiosoftware and
soundcards by inserting 'the jack-layer' in between (on
linux//debian/ubuntu and osx). hopefully it helps in your situation as
well.

cheers
roman