[PD] Pd freezing on startup in ubuntu dapper

John Harrison john.harrison at wichita.edu
Wed Nov 8 06:01:31 CET 2006

Now I have tried building pd-0.39.2 and here is my configure command:

./configure --disable-alsa --enable-jack --disable-portaudio
--disable-portmidi --enable-debug

Build is successful. Yet running pd with any parameter(s) still
completely crashes the computer, forcing me to unplug.

So now that I have tried different distros with the same bad results,
different versions of Pd, and compiled with as little hardware support
as possible, I have no choice but to conclude that Pd cannot run on this
sound card with this particular computer. Weird. Maudio Delta 1010LT. If
I remove the card, Pd loads up...but I need this card.

-john