[PD] arduino-test port under linux

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Nov 9 19:52:33 CET 2006

Try the  [devices( message to the [comport] object, that should list
the devices it recognizes.   Its quite new, so you might have to get
the latest [comport] from a test build].

Also, I am about to release a new version of Pduino, its already
included in the CVS and the nightly builds.  Feel like being a beta
tester?  The updated [arduino] and arduino-test.pd are included in
the nightly builds, you can get the latest firmware here (tho
slightly older versions should work):

http://pure-data.cvs.sourceforge.net/pure-data/externals/hardware/
arduino/Pd_firmware/

.hc

On Nov 7, 2006, at 7:15 PM, Enrique Tomas wrote:

> Hi!
> I am running pd 0.39.2-extended-test5 under linux ubuntu 6.06 and
> arduino. I have compiled and loaded the firmware and the Arduino
> IDE and it  works perfect but I am having problems interfacing PD.
>
> I have  used this bash trick to get the port for comport:
> i=0; for f in `ls /dev/tty[US]*`; do echo $i i=$(( $i + 1 )); done
> and I have port 52 for /dev/ttyUSB0 (that only appears when arduino
> is plugged).
> When I change the arduino-test.pd port using  "open 52" I have this
> message:
> comport open -1209511136, baud -1209511136 not valid (args:
> [portnum] [baud])
> and it is the same with other ports.
>
> I have tried to change labels using "ln -s /dev/ttyUSB0 /dev/
> ttyS96" but I don't succeed. At least, comport opens dev/ttyS0 but
> it's not my arduino board, do you know where is my problem?
>
> Thank's a lot
> Enrique

> http://es.voice.yahoo.com

publicity.          - Bill Moyers