[PD] converting video patches from jitter

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 18:21:47 CET 2006

On 11/9/06, Sciss <contact at sciss.de> wrote:

Using GEM:

> jit.qt.movie                            streaming movie files off harddisc ; note that the

pix_film

> jit.matrix                                      storing frames

pix_buffer

> jit.window                              presenting movies

gemwin

> jit.scalebias                           modifying r / g / b dynamics
> jit.op                                  applying fadings

pix_gain, pix_offset, colorRGB, fragment_program

> jit.alphablend                  superimposing png images with transparency

pix_image plus pix_texture will do this automatically if the image has
a valid alpha channel

> jit.rgb2hsl and jit.hsl2rgb     animating de-saturation (to greyscale)
> and back to colour

pix_2grey, pix_contrast (same as pix_saturation),

> also jitter already chokes with playing four small movies (cpu-
> nonintensive codec!!) on a fast macbook, so i hope to also reduce the
> "jitter" in the frame rate timing (images are only 12 fps but jitter
> seems to be really bad in keeping proper timing). to me it looks if
> either gridflow or pdp could be a good choice?

On OSX use the auo message with pix_film to have Quicktime take care
of playback timings.