[PD] gate object changing type - ?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Nov 10 15:03:04 CET 2006

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006, Damian Stewart wrote:

> if i drag a [gate] object around the gui window, or save a patch
> containing a [gate], the [gate] object is saved as a different type
> depending on what the last message to its left inlet was. (0==text,
> 1==object, 2==msg, 3==numberbox, ...)

That looks like a problem of using a very old m_pd.h, so old that t_text
would have a different number of fields in it, such that writing to
t_gate's x_open would instead write to t_text's te_type.

However, I don't see any further evidence of this (no old m_pd.h in that
directory); and it certainly wouldn't explain that thing about moving the
object around: [gate] does not define anything that reacts to the object
being moved.