[PD] Gem in -nogui mode?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Nov 11 20:56:05 CET 2006

Sounds like a crazy question perhaps, but I was wondering whether its
possible to use Gem in -nogui mode on GNU/Linux.  We are building a 9-
screen/9-projector/9-computer multimedia room, and I would like the
computers to run on a super-stripped down install of Debian, and then
run Pd like a standard UNIX daemon.

So it would be useful if it was possible to be able to launch Gem
windows straight to the framebuffer without X11 even.  Perhaps that's
a pipe dream...

publicity.          - Bill Moyers