[PD] [failsafe] to save you when Pd pegs the CPU

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Tue Nov 14 01:55:54 CET 2006

Hi HC,

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

 > I wrote [failsafe].  When the CPU is pegged, it first tries turning off
 > the DSP (this could also easily turn off Gem rendering).  If that fails,
 > it will quit Pd, thus saving the poor machine the hard reset.

usually if I'm working on something "risky" I just assign a key (or MIDI
control) to toggle DSP on and off in case of CPU overload. I wouldn't
want PD to quit on me with unsaved work, however, so I'm not too sure
about that function in your [failsafe]. One can always SSH into the
laptop and kill PD as well...

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl