[PD] spectrogram in PD

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Tue Nov 14 10:15:51 CET 2006

On Tue Nov 14, 2006 at 12:49:20AM -0800, Rich E wrote:
> What I have been wanting to see is a nice time vs. frequency/amplitude
> spectrogram... like something that is very easy to do in matlab with the
> specgram function. The  [sonogram~] object  in the unauthorized library
> comes close, but it is difficult to know what is happening according to the
> picture.

theres a widget in /extensions/gui/ix/toxy/sp.wid in CVS that does this, with flexible scaling, ranges, log-linear, colors etc. ive found by tweaking the settings as input is playing, you can usually get a pretty good image. can't edit the spectrogram though. for that, try something like the latest version of wavelab, or soundprobe.. and possibly tapestrea