[PD] Pure coherent noise (Perlin noise)

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Tue Nov 14 18:42:31 CET 2006

On Nov 14, 2006, at 10:11 AM, renaud.herne at belgacom.be wrote:

> I am just amazed that there is no (not yet?) such thing as Perlin
> noise in PD.
> It could be useful to add some correlated variations of user input
> and be the source of various effects.
> I used to link to libnoise for some DemoGL applications (a
> framework to develop OpenGL appications in C++ http://www.sd.nl/
> demogl/)
> If it sounds as good as it looks there must be interesting things
> to do.

...there is a pix_perlin in Gem, at least on my harddrive ;-)  When
banged, it produces a noise texture of some requested
dimensions...I've always wanted to go ahead and make a [perlin~] or
just a control [perlin], but haven't gotten around to it...

...btw, didn't use libnoise, just adapted some of the many variations
of perlin.c out in the wild...

jamie