[PD] Pure coherent noise (Perlin noise)

renaud.herne at belgacom.be renaud.herne at belgacom.be
Wed Nov 15 13:00:55 CET 2006

Martin,

We can imagine applications of multidimensional noise.
I was thinking about a melodic line piloted by a one dimensional Perlin noise.
Then a second could come and make some excursions in the second dimension.
But the second will still able to "track" the first one, to come closer, to go away and then back close to the initial pattern.
Also because the noise (chaos in fact) generated by libnoise is deterministic, one can also experiment with two patterns in advance (or delayed) respectively from one to another.

These are just ideas, it is always easier to do it in "brainware"
What I would like to do with coherent noise is to use it to mimic real life motion or processes (like music).
After all it is what it was originally designed for.
In other words, I would use it as a "control" rather than as a "signal"

Once again, these are just thoughts.
I hope they will get clearer in the future

Renaud