[PD] playing video+sound with Gem on Windows

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Nov 16 05:44:21 CET 2006

On Nov 15, 2006, at 9:49 PM, chris clepper wrote:

> On 11/15/06, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>
> When playing movies with Gem on Mac OS X, I've noticed that the sound
> is automatically played.  But on Windows this is not the case.  Is
> there a way to play the sound from the movie using Gem on Windows?
>
> Sound on OSX is an unintended byproduct, and probably default to
> off from now on.  I don't have any plans to make sound work on
> Windows.

Is there then another way to play the audio track of a video file?
Having the audio and video in one file is handy because it allows the
video author to handle the sync when Pd is just doing the playback.
I am working with a student, Ardis Kadiu, on a 9-screen, 9-computer
system and we need to be able to play the author's movies with sound
and all in sync.