[PD] playing video+sound with Gem on Windows

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 16:37:15 CET 2006

On 11/16/06, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:

> Yeah, QuickTime on Mac OSX is working well, but our problem is that we are
> running on Windows machine (soon to be converted to Debian).  Is this
> QuickTime playback possible on Windows or Debian?

The way Quicktime plays back using 'auto' is different on Windows.  I had to
do a lot of screwing around with QT code on OSX to get decent playback, but
Windows doesn't need that amount of monkeying (mainly because Windows
Quicktime is horribly crippled by design).  I would be a big change on the
Windows side to add sound.

I think there is a pdp object that plays sound from movie files?