[PD] Installing Libraries

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Fri Nov 17 14:44:51 CET 2006

Hi Francesco,

the best place to get the externals is by checking them out from CVS. To
check out, follow the instructions here:

https://puredata.info/dev/cvs

And there is a build script in the CVS folder. Go to the folder
build/darwin and type "make". This will make all the externals in the
script. This will not include GEM, pdp or any of the flext externals.
You'll have to do those yourself. Then copy all (or only the ones you
want) to pd/extra.

There are two problems here, which the Extended version tries to deal
with. One is that the help files are still located in their individual
folders, so you have to find a way of getting those over yourself. The
other is that nameclashes are not resolved, so you will have several
versions of things like [wrap] and other externals that share a common
name. In same cases, using namespace [iem_wrap] can fix that problem. In
Extended, all external libs are given a seperate folder in extra, and
then you can load them by including that folder in your "path" setting
in the PD interface.

Good luck,
d.

--