[Pd] Serial port out

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Nov 17 15:06:15 CET 2006

I guess its not specifically documented, but [comport] is compiled as
part of the 'flatspace' library in the Pd-extended build system:

cd pure-data/externals
make flatspace
ls -l build/src/comport.dll

.hc

On Nov 17, 2006, at 12:15 AM, Chuckk Hubbard wrote:

> I could only find the Ritsch version, and wasn't able to compile it
> with MinGW.  The instructions assumed MSVC.  Is there another version
> I didn't see?
>
> On 11/17/06, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>>
>> [comport] compiles with MinGW for sure, donno about MSVC, if that's
>> what you mean.
>>
>> .hc
>>
>> On Nov 16, 2006, at 5:53 PM, Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
>>
>> > Interesting.
>> > I did get the comport.dll to work, thanks.  My plan was to send PWM
>> > from my serial port, then use a low pass filter to obtain DC to
>> > control a Moog synthesizer's pitch.  Christian Klippel, however,
>> has
>> > kindly offered to create a USB->CV adaptor for me, something others
>> > have suggested but which has proven too confusing for me.
>> > I suspected that MSVC was not free.  I wonder how hard it would
>> be to
>> > adapt the makefile to MinGW?
>> > Thanks very much for sharing the .dll!
>> >
>> > -Chuckk

>> serial port

>> > --
>> > "Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the
>> chance to
>> > work hard at work worth doing."
>> > -Theodore Roosevelt

>> ---
>>
>> Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
>> It's about as sensible to say we declare war on night attacks and
>> expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war
>> on terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom
>>

> --
> "Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
> work hard at work worth doing."
> -Theodore Roosevelt

I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three
and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits.      - Martin
Luther King, Jr.