[PD] desiredata 0.39.A.pre2

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 21:01:04 CET 2006

On 11/14/06, Steffen <stffn at dibidut.dk> wrote:

> >> Well, there are - but no manpower available.
> >
> > Oh sure there are would-likes for that... there are many would-
> > likes... But I wouldn't like calling it a plan until there is some
> > hint of allocated resources
>
> I think there is a difference between a would-like and a sure-would-
> not-ever-like. - The first is much more like a plan since it is a
> possible plan, where the later is a plan not to or never to.
>
> I say this, since i when i first read it, understood 'there are no
> plans to' as 'there are plans never to' which proved not to be the case.

I would call what you guys are talking about more of a
wouldn't-it-be-cool-if, if people want it but no one intends it.  I
interpreted 'there are no plans to' as 'whatever, but I'm not doing
it,' which sounds like what Mathieu was saying.

> One could argue that a flaw in - or a mixture of - my understanding
> of grammar, time or aristotle.

An impressive understanding of grammar it is.  I had to read this 4
times before I realized it was a complete sentence.  The grammar is
almost acrobatic, but correct.

-Chuckk