[Pd] Filenames

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Nov 21 19:55:13 CET 2006

Romain Vuillet wrote:
> When i use splitfile in this way, it crashes pd without prompting...

are you sure? your patch does not crash here ;-)

the patch you send me is just one of the standard ways to use
[splitfilname]. (it really looks like a help-patch)

of course, [openpanel] might output a symbol that crashes
[splitfilename], but it didn't do so with any random file i opened.
this was exactly the reason why i asked for a crashpatch: have a
_reliable_ and _reproducible_ way to trigger a crash. (not just sometimes).

in order to proceed could you please: find a file that always crashes pd
when you select it with the openpanel in the patch you sent me.
then make a patch like:

[bng]

[openpanel]

[set symbol $1(

[ (

[splitfilename]

press bang and select the filename that crashes [splitfilename]. press
"ok" in the openpanel-dialog.
save the patch.
verify that it crashes by clicking on the messagebox which shows the
filename.
send me the patch with the bad symbol.

mfg.adsr
IOhannes