[PD] frequency shifter

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Fri Nov 24 13:22:46 CET 2006

hard off wrote:
> in the following picture:
>
> http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/Mar02/images/synth4.gif
>
> how do i make a frequency shifter ?  is this the same as the pitch
> shifter that i can rip from the pd docs, or is there a simpler way??
>
> cheers.

Frequency shifting (adding each partial's frequency by an offset) isn't
the same as pitch shifting (multiplying each partial's frequency by a
ratio).

The objects hilbert~ and complex-mod~ will help you, as they helped me
when I tried to make a snare drum following that tutorial, I'll see if I
can find the patches sometime later today.

Claude