[PD] frequency shifter

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Fri Nov 24 13:31:48 CET 2006

If all you want to do is generate two different simple waveforms that
are shifted 175 and 224 Hz from the original, I would simply use two
more triangle oscillators in place of the pitch shifters, and set the
frequencies using a bit of math based on the frequency of the first
triangle oscillator. I suspect this diagram could represent a hardware
synth, where three oscillators is about the max you can get without a
huge modular system.

Digital pitch shifting uses either FFT or other windowed procedures
which sometimes doesn't always transpose a sound that smoothly and
without some artifacts.

best,
d.

--