[PD] changing background, objects and font colors

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Nov 24 18:17:35 CET 2006

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006, antistatic wrote:

> i would like to change the colors of the GUI to a more eye pleasing
> colorscheme. the background of the canvas should be black and the other
> objects in white/grey (DOS style). a white background hurts my eyes. is
> there a way to do this (by hacking the pd.tk?)?

apart from Martin's tips, you could also join the DesireData project,
which is about making a totally new GUI with a few dozen more features.
With it, you can select your colours using a dialog box (called "Client
Preferences") and save them in a configuration file instead of inside
source code.

You may have a look at http://desiredata.goto10.org/ or join us on the
FreeNode chat in room #desiredata and/or #dataflow.