[PD] problem loading libraries

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Nov 25 18:08:10 CET 2006

On Nov 24, 2006, at 10:56 AM, zmoelnig at iem.at wrote:

> hi.
> please reply to the pd-list too
>
> Quoting Oded Ben-Tal <oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU>:
>
>> here is (part of) the output of -verbose
>>
>> tried /usr/lib/pd/extra/pmpd/pmpd.pd and succeeded
>> Added to search path: /usr/lib/pd/extra/pmpd
>> Added to help path: /usr/lib/pd/extra/pmpd
>> Added to help path: /usr/lib/pd/doc/5.reference/pmpd
>> Loaded libdir pmpd from /usr/lib/pd/extra/pmpd
>
> this seems to be a problem with the libdir patch (which - to my
> knowledge - is not part of vanilla pd but only of pd-extended).
>
> probably hans can comment on this.

That transcript means the libdir patch is included and working.  Now
just use the pmpd objects, like [mass].  Other than that there is not
nearly enough info to see even what is going wrong.

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man
for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General
Smedley Butler