[PD] frequency shifter

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Nov 28 00:40:10 CET 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 00:29 +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> hard off hat gesagt: // hard off wrote:
>
> > after having a good listen,
> >
> > it doesn't sound as good as it did with [freqshift~].  i don't
> > understand the maths behind that so no idea why, but it's obvious to
> > my ears.   its especially clear when you increase the attack time.
>
> I couldn't compare because I don't have [freqshift~] (yet). You could
> try to write both a phasor~-generated triangle and a freqshifted
> version into two tables and compare. Maybe it's the aliasing?

i just superficially followed this thread, so maybe i am talking
bullshit:

how can a frequency shifted  (not a pitch shifted) triangle be written
into a table? i mean, when each partial of the triangle is shifted by a
certain value, then all partials won't fit anymore into the same table
boundaries, will they?

roman