[PD] osc~ / phasor~ / cos~ ...sometimes clicking

day 5 day5ive at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 16:38:12 CET 2006

Consider that digital audio is represented simply as instantaneous
pressure values for the speaker membrane. This problem is actually
quite common when you change from a positive or negative pressure value
to a null crossing in the space of one sample.

The solution is to use some kind of envelope generator scaling before
passing your audio output to the [dac~].

./d5